Tempest Oil Filter
With a magnetic filtration system designed to attract the smallest, engine-harming particles, this is the best aviation oil filter on the market today!
Best aviation oil filter on the market today—used in our shop exclusively!
– Magnetic Filtration System: In addition to having more media area than any other aviation oil filter, its internal magnet is designed to attract fine steel particles too small to be caught by the filter media. This effectively increases the filtration performance of the filter, protecting your engine from harmful metal fragments.
– Improved Nut Welds: Tempest’s nut welds are so strong that the can will distort without breaking the welds!
– Burst strength of 600 psi: Significant improvements to the roll seam process used on the bottom of the can substantially improved the burst strength to over 600 pounds per square inch, exceeding the ARP 1400 Standard by 50 percent. Extra strength gives added assurance that the oil filter will withstand the harshest operating conditions.
– Non-Stick Gaskets: Specially lubricated synthetic rubber base gaskets made from a proprietary compound help ensure proper torque during installation and easy removal.
– Meets TCM Bypass Specification of 12-14 psi, reducing the risk of premature bypass that can result in unfiltered oil flowing to your engine.
– Total Manufacturing Control: Tempest filters are the only aviation oil filters made in a state-of-the-art aviation oil filter plant built solely for, and dedicated to, the manufacture of aviation oil filters. Total process control helps ensure the highest standard of quality.
Note: We recommend using the tall AA48109 filter whenever possible; however, not all configurations will allow for the added height.